Our Personal Training – Post Rehab program is an exercise program that allows you to continue your exercise prescription with an exercise specialist upon discharge. Your exercise specialist will work directly with your PT or trainer to design an individualized exercise routine that is tailored to your specific needs and personal goals.
Benefits of Exercise
Why should you consider regular exercise as part of your lifestyle? The better question is why wouldn’t you exercise?! The benefits of regular exercise on all aspects of health and wellness is well established in both the professional literature and anecdotal reports of countless professionals and participants worldwide. Here are a few to consider (source – mayoclinic.org):
- Exercise controls weight: This one is the most obvious, but has withstood the test of time. Want to make changes in your weight and how you look in a mirror? Then regular exercise is the way to go.
- Exercise combats and reduces your risk for chronic health conditions: Regular exercise helps prevent or manage a wide range of health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, depression, a number of types of cancer, arthritis and falls.
- Exercise can improve your mood: Need an emotional lift? Or need to blow off some steam after a stressful day? A gym session or brisk 30-minute walk can help. Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed
- Exercise can boost your energy: Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently. And when your heart and lung health improve, you have more energy to tackle daily chores
- Exercise can improve your sleep: Struggling to snooze? Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep. Just don’t exercise too close to bedtime, or you may be too energized to hit the hay.
Take advantage of a personal training program catered to you, designed to improve your health by reducing imbalances in the body, and based on functional strength training and corrective exercise. Eastern Shore Physical Therapy’s personal training programs allow us to identify, correct, and prevent musculoskeletal imbalances before they produce pain and injury while maximizing your performance gains.
We offer several different training options to better serve your needs. For more information, request an appointment at Eastern Shore Physical Therapy in Berlin, MD.